Pest Control – Rats.
The treatment of rats inside or outside a domestic premises is usually a straight forward task, normally requiring three visits and costs are relatively inexpensive. We have dealt with all types of infestations. These vary enormously, but the usual domestic problem is a single rat in the kitchen, loft or garden.
Costs are based on the expected number of visits required and in most cases a quotation can be given over the telephone. A standard price per visit is £48 including VAT, and based on three visits, a standard treatment costs a total of £144.00 inc vat. As a general guide – Treatment includes three visits, initially to place bait. A follow up inspection normally takes place within a week or so. The final inspection is carried out after a further week to make sure the problem is solved. The bait is removed at this point.
Payment is required in full at the start of the treatment.
The control of rats inside or outside any premises usually follows a standard procedure.
- Initially an inspection would be carried out to ascertain the extent of the problem.
- A risk assessment would be carried out to ensure that the treatments are carried out are safe, particularly for children and pets.
- Following this bait stations are often sited, but other forms of control can be used, such as traps.
- Open bait trays are placed in the loft.
- Follow up visits are carried out until the pest problem has been completed successfully.
During our visit we try to find points of entry. This is often much harder to find in practice though. Entry points into building are often hidden. In kitchens, the entry point is often related to the service pipes. During construction holes in the building structure are made where the gas pipes, water pipe or waste pipes enter and exit the house. This can be through the floor or through the walls. Where this is evident we can help to remedy this problem.